A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
— Robert A. Heinlein
Your mission as General Startup Hustler is to deploy your vast human abilities in the pursuit of helping startups succeed.
- You’ll plan and execute essential projects — ranging from user research, to marketing campaigns, to sales processes, to product design sprints.
- You’ll delve deeply into the lives of potential customers to understand their world view, pain points, and the unserved opportunities that may exist.
- You will learn to master a variety of tools, from the latest software tools to the humble-but-powerful Excel spreadsheet.
- You’ll use first principles reasoning to design solutions, debug problems, build repeatable processes, and track real world impact.
- You’ll work directly with entrepreneurs, developers, designers, marketers, and medical practitioners on solving health problems for real people.
- You will grow, stretch yourself, make mistakes, learn from them, teach us your lessons, and engage in a deliberate process of rapid self-improvement.
- You will have a front-row seat to the agony and the ecstasy of entrepreneurship, with every opportunity to join the dance yourself.
Who are you?
- You are a generalist, a problem solver, a human force of nature.
- You’re a self-starter. In the absence of direction, you proactively find the next most valuable thing to do. You take complete ownership of everything you touch.
- You bring an infectious energy and enthusiasm to your work.
- You have an insatiable curiosity. You’re always learning something new and challenging yourself to grow.
- You are relentlessly resourceful. Faced with a stubborn challenge, you try again and again until you’ve cracked the problem.
- You are a “hacker” at heart. Whether it’s computer code or social norms, you know which rules can be safely broken.
- You are relentlessly resourceful. Once your mind is made up, you rarely take “no” for an answer.
- You feel at-home in the fast-paced chaos of early stage companies.
- You are insatiably curious. You’re always on the lookout for 1% edges and hidden advantages.
- In public, you project an aura of optimism and energy. In private, you embrace the ethos that only the paranoid survive.
- You have a deep passion for human health. You envision a future where health and vitality are available to all — and are driven to make that vision a reality.
Are you ready?
To make a change?
To push your boundaries?
To be part of a team that makes a lasting impact on health and wellness?
If yes, we greatly look forward to hearing from you!