Engineering is figuring out how to do what you want, with what you've actually got.
— John Carmack
Your mission as a Full-Stack Engineer is to build delightful web experiences and solve business problems, using rapid iterations and cutting-edge modern tools.
- You’ll design and develop modern web applications for health-focused startups. Your code will help people reverse disease, make important lifestyle choices, and live longer, healthier lives.
- You’ll be granted immense responsibility from day 1, with opportunities to either specialize or diversify your craft.
- You’ll use industry-leading practices (Git, CI/CD pipelines, automated testing) to deploy code and collaborate with colleagues.
- You’ll use modern frontend frameworks (Vue, React, Svelte) to ship rapid prototypes — and then use analytics data to build polished, performant web apps.
- You’ll use a variety of languages and tools (Go, Python, Node.js, Docker) to build backend infrastructure, APIs, and databases.
- You’ll join a unique team of engineers, entrepreneurs, and generalists who are passionate about learning, solving problems, and making an impact.
Who are you?
- You are fluent in the tools and culture of modern full-stack web development. Whether it’s creating Vue components or wiring up a Node.js API, you’re confident you can get the job done.
- You’re not religious about your code — it’s about applying the right tool for the right job. Sometimes that means elegant architecture and automated test coverage... and sometimes it means a hacky, throwaway prototype you whipped up in an afternoon.
- Nobody is a master of every framework, but you’re a fast learner and a resourceful Stack Overflow researcher. :)
- You leverage the latest tools and automations, and perhaps even use AI to increase your productivity.
- You are flexibly, adaptively organized. Startups may be chaotic, but you always manage to keep your head above water.
- You have a deep interest in human health. You envision a future where health and vitality are available to all — and are driven to make that vision a reality.
Are you ready?
To write code that directly improves lives?
To become the best version of yourself?
To join a team that makes a lasting impact on health and wellness?
If yes, we’re greatly looking forward to hearing from you!